Hills (1992) describes the major purposes of assessment in programs
for young children:
- "Instructional planning and communicating with parents
- What are this child's strengths, needs, and learning processes?
- How will this child's instruction and guidance be planned?
- What and how can the teacher best communicate with the parents about
the status and progress of their child?
- Identification of children with special needs . . .
- Can this child's needs be met in this program?
- If not, how does this program need to be supplemented, or what program
- Program evaluation and accountability
- Is this program, as now implemented, meeting its goals and objectives?"
Copyright © North Central Regional Educational Laboratory. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer and copyright information.