Here are some quick entry points into the enGauge Web site
as well as some answers to frequently asked questions:
1. What is effective teaching and learning technology?
Take a look at the following success stories:
2. How can a school design a professional development
program on the effective use of technology in the classroom
that does not take teachers away from their classrooms?
Check out the following enGauge sections:
3. What types of evaluation and assessment can track
the effectiveness of technology funds in a school district?
EnGauge provides insights into tracking progress with technology
at three levels:
4. Can my school or district use the enGauge online assessment
to support technology planning or grants?
Use of the enGauge online assessment is free of charge.
Just familiarize yourself with the
survey, register as a project leader, and conduct the
5. Why does technology work in some school buildings
and not others?
Tracking each of your schools' progress toward achieving
the Six Essential Conditions can explain why some schools
are able to use technology effectively and others are not.
Data is provided to zero in on what needs attention in each
school or at the district level. The first step is to set
up a school
or district project.
6. What does the research say about the value technology
brings to learning?
This is a good place to startand to return to as
new research evolves. Check out Sound
Base in Research and Best Practices.
7. Can technology help mathematics students with difficult
The enGauge resource
section allows you to explore the top technology-supported
resources in K-12 mathematics. These top resources were
identified by a research team at University of California